Truth: I’m a pretty cautious buyer.
The “stash away for a rainy day” instinct is strong in me, and if you looked at my budgeting habits, you could tell.
- My grocery budget is sufficient, but super modest.
- After rent and taxes, funding my retirement is the biggest “bill” I pay.
- I spent DAYS researching more affordable healthcare coverage… and found it.
- I almost never spend everything in my “fun money” budget.
In short: I’m cautious with money, and I don’t want to part with it if I don’t have to.
Another truth: most of the people you’re trying to sell to in your launches are exactly like me.
They’ve got doubts about what your product will deliver… no matter how much they love and trust you.
They feel they work too hard and too much for their money to spend it just because.
If they can bootstrap or DIY something, they will.
They’re scared of buyer’s remorse.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t have great sales numbers when launching to a financially savvy audience.
EMAIL MARKETING: THE ‘SILVER BULLET’ OF LAUNCH SUCCESS NO ONE TALKS ABOUT
Speaking from personal experience, I’ve never bought during a launch that didn’t have a great email campaign.
Yes, I ALWAYS read the sales page. (I’m a nerd like that.)
But it’s almost never the sales page copy that sells me. It’s the email campaigns surrounding it that do.
Two weeks ago, I released some launch copy checklists, and some of you were surprised at just how much email dominated every single checklist. Even the “basic newbie launch” is at least a 5:1 email copy to web page copy.
Emails are what sell and what get attention. Up to 50% of most launch sales happen when the cart close emails are sent out.
In a launch one of my clients did, the pre-launch email sequence helped ensure 12,000 people opted in on the first day. (That’s right, twelve THOUSAND.)
Psst… make sure you download those checklists here if you haven’t already. You’ll be glad you did. They’re pretty amazing.
THERE’S A REASON ALL GOOD ENTREPRENEURS SWEAR BY EMAIL SEQUENCES. (THEY’RE PROFITABLE.)
Because the thing is, EVERY entrepreneur I know swears that their email list is their most profitable asset…. even more so than their website.
(True, the email list may not exist without the website to collect it, but you’re smart enough to get what I mean.)
We guard our inboxes like feral, stray dog mamas guard their young. And the fact that the people on your email list trust you in that space should not be under-estimated.
(Not that you should spam them… but after helping so many people with launches, it’s clear that far too many of us err on the side of so cautious it’s making us lose sales. Which is not the side you want to err on, if you ask me.)
RULES OF THUMB FOR A GREAT LAUNCH EMAIL FUNNEL
So if you’re doing an email funnel with your launch, you want to do it right.
And below are my never break them ever rules that I follow, no matter what kind of launch-based email sequence I’m writing.
Take notes, because I had to spend over $2,000 on courses and spend years in practice to learn this stuff. And these rules work without fail, on repeat, for me and my clients. They are:
- Start your funnel by building up excitement or piquing interest on what’s to come.
- Provide A TON of value upfront before you ever ask for the sale. Provide value equal to at least 25% of the price of whatever you’re selling.
- I’ve you’ve downloaded the launch content checklists, I’m referring to the educational pieces.
- (For example, I could easily charge $50 for the material I use to educate in my email funnel to sell my $197 product. If you’re selling something really expensive, webinar-based classes are a great way to deliver this value.)
- Introduce the offer.
- Illustrate your claims with proof via a story… either your own story or a customer’s.
- Sell like your life depends on it. (Because since this is how you’re making money, it kind of does.)
- Send an email no less than every other day. Even—especially?—on weekends. (At some points, you’ll want to send one every day.)
If you follow these basic rules and use these content checklists—even if you’re not a professional copywriter—I promise you you’ll get better results from your launch than if you don’t.
Yes, great copy inside an email funnel can make a HUGE difference. But the first and most important step in a successful launch is that you’re planning and sending out email sequences in the first place.
Get my FREE 3-Part Copywriting Course to Help You Write Better Website Copy INSTANTLY
Great copy is the secret to any high-performing website. And for most people who find themselves on the Copy Power website, it’s THE ticket they’ve been looking for to get more conversions and more sales. 🤑 💰
Which is why I’ve put together a FREE, 3-part copywriting course to help you write better copy on your website, and be selling more, in just 3 days. Join using the button below:
Or click here for more information: