Choosing to make a business investment instead of choosing to pay yourself is a bitch of a decision.
And yet, we’ve all been there.
Do you set this $1,000 aside to save up for that to-die-for high-end coaching program you’ve been oogling after for months?
Or do you say, “Sorry, but not now,” to your business and spend that $1,000 on a nice, new mattress for yourself so the springs on your old one don’t poke you in the ribs in the middle of the night?
(Not that I’m speaking from experience or anything….)
It’s a bitch of a decision, isn’t it?
You don’t want to say no to yourself because, well, you just work so damn hard for your success, and you’re tired of living like a college student even though you’re in your 30s.
But at the same time, you don’t want to say no to your business either. Your business is your lifeblood…. it’s your dream, your passion, and you’re SO PROUD of how far you’ve come with it. (As you should be.) Plus, it’s what pays your bills.
And trust me, I get it. I know exactly what it’s like to be in that position. In fact, I feel like I’m constantly in this position with one financial decision or another.
But don’t worry…
I’m not going to be like those annoying Instagram business coaches who will give you the cop-out answer to this. You know the one:
The “well, being self-employed means you don’t have limits on your income…. so if you want more money…. just make more of it!”
No shit, Sherlock.
OBVIOUSLY you have the capacity to make more money.
But you’ve been at this game long enough to know that if you add another client to your workload, you’ll burn yourself out.
Or you know that yes, things will eventually pick up and you’ll be more comfortable financially, but right now they’re hella tight and you just do not know WHAT to do next to bring in some extra cash. You’re already doing everything you can think of, thankyouverymuch, and you don’t really care for any more of that “hustle harder” advice.
Because you’re seasoned enough to know that the “hustle and grind” bullshit is only ever bought into by naive recent graduates, and that it’s sold to them by shitty startups wanting to take advantage of their time and talent without regard to their mental health. (Not to be harsh on startups, but I used to work in one, and, well, the data on overwhelm and mental anguish in that sector speaks for itself.)
Let me be clear: I DO NOT want you to feel overwhelmed by finances or work/life balance.
I don’t want you to feel like you have to choose between the coaching program of your dreams and the mattress that won’t give you back pain.
I’ve been there, and it’s not a fun place to be.
When I’ve been in situations like this… when I’ve been so financially pinched that I actually considered (gasp!) getting a job just to take the stress off myself… it was low-cost group programs that saved my ass.
I mentioned them in this post I published last month. Where I paid $25 per month while I figured out how to be a better freelance writer. Where I paid $89 per month to learn how to book myself solid. Where I paid $199 per month to learn how to launch my first e-course that now earns me passive income. Where I even still pay £37 (about $55) per month for access to some great resources and one monthly group call where I can get my shit straightened out and move forward for the month.
These group programs have saved my ass.
And the best part was, they were priced at a point that I didn’t have to choose between making a smart business investment and paying myself a decent salary.
WHICH IS WHY I’VE LAUNCHED MY OWN GROUP MEMBERSHIP
It’s called Copy Queens, and everyone’s welcome.
In it, I use the expertise I’ve gained over 10 years of working as a self-employed creative professional and small business owner. (With one bout of “serious” employment in 2013-2014.)
When I started, I had the “dream” of making $100 per working day, so I could make $2,400 per month to be able to modestly support myself.
Now, I’ve got a goal to make 10x that in one month. I haven’t hit it yet, but I’m determined as hell to get there.
Within Copy Queens (and yes, “Kings” are welcome too), you get:
- A beginning-of-the-month check-in email where I cover what we learned last month, what to expect this month, give you a monthly challenge that’ll be easy to implement but will improve your business in a massive way, AND a chance to check in with me on the progress you’re making towards your goals.
- One “Copy Cat” group call. On this call, you can submit your copy to be reviewed, or just show up and learn from me re-working others’ copy. I’ll re-write copy on screen, and anything I re-write is yours to use as you will. (These are recorded & all past calls are available in the members’ area.)
- One “Biz Cocktail Hour” group call. This is fun call where we gather together, bring a beverage of choice, and I answer your business questions. Tell me what you’re struggling with, and we’ll find the way forward, and you’ll walk away with a tangible next step you can implement that day. (These are also recorded & all past calls are available in the members’ area.)
- A monthly training worth $47 to $97 that’ll help you fundamentally improve your business in a way that’s easy for you to manage. (None of this “spend a million hours and hire an expensive agency to manage your ads” bullshit.)
- A monthly recap of everything we learned and went over, as well as an accountability check-in on your monthly progress.
PLUS, YOU GET A $150 BONUS WHEN YOU JOIN NOW.
After you join, you’ll get a link to fill out a New Queen Questionnaire.
Fill this out, and once per week, I’ll review the new responses and send out a step-by-step plan to help you achieve your goals crafted SPECIFICALLY for you. (No copy & paste here, dear.)
This will be a great way to help you stay on track with your monthly check-ins, and will help you decide which resources to use first within the membership area, and which ones to hold off on for now.
Members who have already joined are LOVING their 1:1 plans, and are learning a lot from the material already in the members area.
The membership is ideal for anyone who wants to be a better copywriter, run a better business, or has goals of growth, but you aren’t sure exactly how to make that growth happen.
The total monthly value is $547 to $597, and that’s just in the calls and the trainings… not counting the accountability.
I seriously CAN’T WAIT to see you inside.
(Offer valid until April 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm Eastern.)